Real Estate Starter Kit Search Function

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:03

Real Estate Starter Kit Search Function

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

In the Real Estate Starter Kit, i cannot find the search property function. May i know where it is? Or do you have any similar sample?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Chen Chuan,

You can implement the search function as in any other Sitefinity 4.x based website. The modules content will also be indexed due to the fact that custom modules that inherit from Content use Sitefinity`s search pipe and can be added to search index with the API.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

Refer to the screenshot of the real estate starter kit (www.sitefinity.com/.../real-estate.aspx), user can input the zip code to search the property. So do you mean the index search is able to customize to search specific property field? Is there any sample for me to refer?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Chen Chuan,

The screenshots that you see are from a previous version of the starter kit which was replaced by the one you can find now in the SDK. If you want to customize the search index, you need to map an external template and create a custom pipe. However as previously noted any content based custom module is included in the search index.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed