Creating template from master page issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:09

Creating template from master page issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi

I copied my master page and associated images in 
\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\MyTemplate\App_Master and \App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\MyTemplate\App_Master\Images folders respectively. When I create template based on master page within SF, the template is created expect images do not appear in the template.

How can I make the images appear in the template?

Thanks

Regards

Hello John,

The appearance of images depends on whether you used image tags in your master page, or
 not. In the first case, make sure you entered the correct path to the image you want to apply. Take a look at the sample:

<asp:Image ID="Img1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Sitefinity/Website/App_Master/Images/image.png" />

An alternative way to apply images to your page is by the Image widget.

If your images are applied in your css styles to elements with specific id or class, make sure you have those classes/ids in your master page.

Also note that Images folder is reserved for Sitefinity, so using it may cause issues. Try naming the folder differently to prevent that. You might find this discussion relevant to your problem.

Kind Regards,
Zheyna Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Zheyna

Many thanks. I also have a flash swf file embedded in master page. Are there any specially instructions for swf files too?

Thanks

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi

Keeping images under App_Data path did not work with HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden error on the images. It only worked when I moved App_Master and App_Themes to the root folder.

Thanks

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi John,

You could use a content widget and its Flash Manager. Simply drop the widget on your page and choose the swf object you would like to display. Note that you also need to create a folder in you root and name it Files. This is where all your swf files should be located.

Kind regards,
Zheyna Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed