When do we get notifications?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:28

When do we get notifications?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

...when can I expect that my site will start to email me content notifications? (forms, blog, events, news comments)?

4.3 at the latest? :)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

...sooo.... does this mean like never... :)

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

Most probably it won't be there for 4.3 and 4.4, Steve. We will come back to this feature after 4.4.

You can still have it with some coding though. Every content manager have executed and executing events, to which you can subscribe. This means that every time a content is created/changed/deleted, you can hook up to this event and do some processing. Let me know if you are interested in this matter :).

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

This displeases me greatly ;)

Here's my deal...I know it can probably be done in the bootstrapper with code, and with marketplace controls...but I don't want to start down a "Hacky" road.  I have a 3.x site I deal with which is MOSTLY hacks and it sucks to maintain.

It's like a couple lines of code to send a mail message, and I assume you already have a mail framework (newsletter?)...is it that not do-able?  What about JUST for content comment submissions?

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

While I understand your concern and point, we cannot just include those couple of lines in order to send an e-mail. Here is why - there will be definitely people that will want to customize the mail template, configure the mail sending system (they will definitely want other SMTP or at least other FROM e-mail, different than the one in the mail campaigns), then option to enable notifications by Blog, and the list goes on. The devil is in the details :).

Of course we can go with something simple as a first iteration and build on top of it - this is what we usually do. Unfortunately we cannot do it right now, having in mind that this is still possible (via the hooks..). We'll for sure go over the notifications once the 4.4 is out.

Thanks for your understanding in advance. 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Fair enough Dr. Chokov...fair enough ;)

I do want all those features, and I'd rather them be implement as "awesome" from day one.  My fear is the "Simple first iteration and build on top of it"...as sometimes that can end up as "Simple first than forget about it for a long time if ever revisit as it kind-of works okay now" (re: wiki\forums in 3.x)

On a base-base level though, I just would like comments from blogs sent to me, and so I will attempt the (for now) hacks...becasue I do want it done right.

Thx @G

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I guess I should celebrate for becoming a doctor :)

Okay, so we agree that the first iteration, or the first thing that we deliver could be notifications for comments, no matter the module. Since we are going to deliver in iterations anyway (via the internal builds for example), I'll see when the first iteration of this feature could be.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed