4.2 SP1 Roles and permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:55

4.2 SP1 Roles and permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Good day

I crated a test site with some pages. Now I want to grant users in a role yes the ability to change content on the yes1 and yes2 pages (but not on the YES PageGroups)  sf_roles_yes_no.png.

Now I created a role YES and a user YES and added the user to that role.

I then change as admin the permissions of the yes1 and yes2 page. Gave the role rights do do changes (sf_roles_yes.png)

However when I want to save the file I am told that I am not allowed to: www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_yes.swf

What am I missing?

Markus

Sorry missed the files attachment

Further to my post I have more problems

I then added the ability to change titles on yes1 page as admin.

Now I can access the yes1 title & properties as user 'yes' but can not save it.

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_yes_no.swf

Is this releated to the same thing I am missing or are roles and permissions not working as expected.

Markus

After some testing and some tips from Jochem (thanks as allways) I think I figuered out.

Unless you give the users also rights to the YES User to

Modify properties of this page and its child pages.

--------------------------

If this is proofen to be true then I would consider this a bug because. You want users to be able to change content but not names and titles.

@Telerik can you check and confirm.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Yes, you need to give your users a permission to modify. The thing is that the modify permission gives you the right to publish an item.
We are aware of this problem and we are planning to fix it for which I cannot give you an ETA.

Thank you for noticing.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Antoaneta

Thanks for confirming. Is there a PITS open for this bug?

Markus

Hello Markus,

Yes, this issues is logged in PITS with ID 6300.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed