Rad Controls

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:41

Rad Controls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Can you provide me a tutorial,guide or example for how to apply RAD Contrlos for ASP.NET AJAX on my websites.I can easily understand what are those codes mean but i dont know where to copy.

For example; i want to add a Mega Drop Down Menu to my website.
/radcontrols_aspnetajax/menu/examples/megadropdown/defaultvb.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Can,

You can easily use the RadControls suite separately or inside a more complex user controls, that you create in your Sitefinity project, and then you can register them in Sitefinity as widgets, so you'll be able to drop them on any Sitefinity page/template. For more information on creating a simple user control, and registering it in Sitefinity, I'd recommend you to take a look at this article from our Documentation.

Concerning the MegaMenu implementation, please take a look at the attached sample, you can directly use it as a template for the Navigation qidget in Sitefinity. Here is what you have to do to use the custom template:

1) Extract the content of the archive in your project and build it.
2) Add a navigation control on the page. Choose horizontal with drop-downs and set it as in the attached image.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2011 00:00

Thank you for reply,

Those suggestions fixed some of my problem but i have 2 more questions to ask.
1)In the article you sent to me there are c#,xml and asp codes.But i dont know where to copy them.There are no certain locations writing in the article.(its only writing about where to import libaries).Actually those informations are too complicated for me i need a basic and step by step tutorial to learn how to use RAD controls(mega-menu,tabstrips,rotators) on sitefinity projects properly.

2)Second question is more specific.I extracted Mega-menu as a folder and built it in VS.It works fine.However,its not looking good.So,how can i change its visual appearence according to my requirements.

I want same appearnce in this link.
/RadControls_AspNetAjax/menu/examples/megadropdown/defaultCS.aspx

Thanks in Advance

Regards.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Do you have any idea about my problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Can,

1)In the article you sent to me there are c#,xml and asp codes.But i dont know where to copy them.There are no certain locations writing in the article.(its only writing about where to import libaries).Actually those informations are too complicated for me i need a basic and step by step tutorial to learn how to use RAD controls(mega-menu,tabstrips,rotators) on sitefinity projects properly. 

Thank you very much for the constructive feedback, I'm sorry to hear that the information in the article has not been helpful. We'd appreciate any suggestions you might have towards making it more understandable, as we really value our client's feedback. In the meantime let's have a really simple example on how you can create your own Sitefinity widget using RadControls. We'll create a simple menu navigation by using the SitefinitySiteMapDataSource control as a datasource to RadMenu. All you'll need to do is create a new web user control in your project through Visual studio, and then make sure that you have the declaration below in your template

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls"TagPrefix="sfMap" %>
Then you simply declare the SitefinitySiteMapDataSource and pass its ID to the DataSourceID property of RadMenu:
<telerik:RadMenu runat="server" ID="RadMenu1" DataSourceID="SitefinitySiteMapDataSource1"></telerik:RadMenu>
<sfMap:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="SitefinitySiteMapDataSource1" ShowStartingNode="false" />
Build this and register the user control as a widget in Sitefinity.

2)Second question is more specific.I extracted Mega-menu as a folder and built it in VS.It works fine.However,its not looking good.So,how can i change its visual appearence according to my requirements.

I want same appearnce in this link.
/RadControls_AspNetAjax/menu/examples/megadropdown/defaultCS.aspx

On the article you've quoted we have provided all the necessary code to create the control and additional instructions demonstrating how to adapt it to run in your project, please take a look at them and let us know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2011 00:00

It would be great if you add a basic video tutorial about how to add RadControls to Sitefinity Projects and using those aspx,xml and css codes properly.It would be really helpful to begginners and young web developers such as me.I think that using RadControls properly, is the most important way to make a diffrence in web devoloping.

Regards
Can

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Can,

Thank you for the recommendation. Please take a look at this video which demonstrates the basics of creating, registering, and using a user control in Sitefinity. In the third part of its implementation we are using one of our RadControls - RadGrid which is being populated by Sitefinity content.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed