Page Editor Failing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:54

Page Editor Failing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi all, I've opened a ticket but want to check with everybody to see if you have experienced this problem. I have 4.2 site, and due to an issue with the search engine downloaded and installed 4.2 SP1. Went into the project manager and upgraded the site. Loaded Visual Studio, ran it up, and the site is displaying, but when I go to edit any page within the site, I get:

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /ProjectName/index.aspx/Action/Edit

The detailed error info shows:

0/07/2011 14:16:16
Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Source : System.Web
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void CheckVirtualFileExists(System.Web.VirtualPath)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
   at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
   at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

To check this out and see if it was just the upgrade,  I created a new site with fresh DB, and get the same error. Any suggestions on what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm

/ProjectName/index.aspx/Action/Edit

URL should be
/ProjectName/index/Action/Edit (no .aspx)

Do you have some rewriting going on?

No rewriting at all, just had added .aspx to the page url. Only change was applying the service pack and upgrading the project.

hmmm....I didn't know that was even possible

Anyway, if you go here: Administration >> Advanced >> Pages >> NotAllowedPageExtensions.

...is aspx in that list?

Based on your musing there I just edited the extension out, and the page loads up fine into the editor. Will follow up with SiteFinity to see why that is the case since in 4.2 flat it is no problem.

Don't see it anywhere in the list of disallowed extensions. It displays the page in the front end, just screws up loading the page up in the editor apparently.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

In 1733 special characters are not allowed in the links and titles for content items such as blogs, news, lists, forms etc. However you can use dots in the title field of pages, which will automatically generate a 404 error. This is a known issue which is logged for fixing and we will do our best to include it in our next release.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed