Converting to VB Project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:56

Converting to VB Project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

Is anyone using this technique successfully with 4.2 and is this an officially supported path?

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/converting-a-sitefinity-4-0-project-to-vb.aspx

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello John,

This is the official approach to convert Sitefinity C#  project to Visual Basic project.
If you want to Sitefinity in Visual Basic give this approach a try and if you encounter any problems I will be glad to assist you.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Stanislav,

The lack of response from the community makes me a bit concerned with taking this approach. I did try it prior to creating this ticket and ran into some issues which I thought might be because it is 4.2 now and nobody has tested it.

Is this tested thouroughly (or tested at all) with new releases or is it left as a method someone can try and help will be provided as needed?

Currently I am using a seperate VB project in the solution. Any thought on this approach as compared to using the Sitefinity project?

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi John S.,

The conversion procedure is the same just there are some files not present any more in Sitefinity 4.2. You don`t need to search for Workflows and CountryCenterLocations. I have attached a screenshot of my converted project.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

Success! Thanks for the help. I don't know what happened the first time for me but I did somethng wrong.

Again thanks for testing it out.

Sincerely,
John S.

This thread is closed