Adding search box control in to sitefinity 4.0 pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:08

Adding search box control in to sitefinity 4.0 pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Team,

Can you please provide me any reference code for integrating sitefinity 4.0 search box control in to a sitefinity page. and displaying the search results.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Shekar,

Can you please specify what is your scenario in more details? Do you want programmatically to insert the search widget on a page alongside with the search results control? Is there a specific reason why you do not want to use the UI or add it as layout control to your masterpage template so the control is applied to all pages using the masterpage?

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your response, i want to add the search control in the master page, can you please provide me any sample code or any reference link to include the search widget in master page. and also please guide me how i can make changes to the search control display using the CSS.

Thanks in Advance

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Shekar,

If you want to include the widget in your master page, you can create a simple master page with few placeholders. Then you can add a new page template using the UI and use the .MasterPage file option. Once you create the page template, you can drop a the widget on the template and use the template for your pages.

If you want to edit the widget template for the search control, you can go to Widget Templates and find the template you want to edit.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed