Domain-Page mapping

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:29

Domain-Page mapping

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Sitefinity 3.7 to 4.2 and have realised that the domain page mapping functionality (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-3-x/the-%E2%80%9Cdomain-%E2%80%93-page-mapping%E2%80%9D-feature.aspx) is no longer supported.

Is this going to be reintroduced anytime soon or is there another way of mimicking this functionality?

Thanks in advance
Ben

I also would be interested in the best way to achieve this.
Markus

Hi,

At the moment this feature is not part of the out of the box functionality. You can checkout what our clients have used as a workaround here: Sitefinity 4 - Multiple domain configuration.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Radoslav

The drawback to using this approach is that when making changes relevant to all websites you need to apply it in every configuration, for instance adding a new widget to the toolbox etc.

Even though in this scenario is used only one Sitefinity instance, you’ll still have to obtain two Sitefinity licenses for both top-level domains RegionNorth.com and RegionSouth.com.
UNQUOTE

Sorry but I have a client who whs registerd at least 4 domains to be pointing at different parts of the site. 

a) I sure hope he would not have to buy 4 extra licenses
b) What about shard hosting envirements

Any change this gets back to any roadmap?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

Does the Sitefinity 4 license use the domain aliases model the same as 3.7 or do you really have to purchase a full license per domain name to use this workaround?

I would also much prefer to see this function back in the product.

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

We understand the implications of this approach and we are making plans to incorporate this. However this feature will be part of a larger functionality - multiple site management.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

Any feedback on Ben's and my question about the extra licenses? Will we able to do this again without extra cost?

Kind of

Software Vendor has main URL: www.telerik.com for example
Software Vender has product    : www.sitefinity.com which take you to the part of the site for this product.

Markus

This thread is closed