Ordering of images

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:51

Ordering of images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Is there a way to order images in a library alphabetically by file name or the description field?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Anyone?

Hello Steve,

Yes, there is a way to arrange images, according to your preferences. Go to the library where your images are and in the right corner you'll find the sorting drop-down. Choose Edit custom searching and in the edit panel pick Title as a criteria by which you'd like to sort your images.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Using that I can reorder the photos using the Title and they display in the correct order in the image library. However when I create a page and drop the image gallery on the page they are not showing in the correct order. I do have the image gallery set to order the images as they are ordered in the image library. Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for getting back to us.

To sort images in the Image gallery widget you need to configure settings in the edit panel as following: Tick From selected image library, when choosing which images to display in your gallery. Then in the Sort images drop-down select As set in Advanced mode. If you want to sort by title, you need  to specify custom sorting expression in Advanced mode as in the image I've attached.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed