Reordering lists

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:21

Reordering lists

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

I'm currently using Sitefinity 4.2 and have a problem with sorting a list.

Is it possible to reorder items in the list, say the document list (or any custom list). For example, say i have three documents "Doc1", "Doc2" and "Doc3". Can i reorder these in the backend so when they render on page they are in "Doc2", "Doc3","Doc1" order?

1. Do i need a custom field to track item order?
2. Is it possible to augment the default document master list to show this order number to avoid the user from having to open each document and set or view order number? This can get quite cumbersome if you have 100+ documents
3. How do i sort this list based on this order number?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

YES! it's a HUGE HUGE pain in the ass

Please feel free to vote on the sadly not scheduled PITS issue.... :/
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5010

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Emil, Steve,

I have a good news for you.
This feature is already implemented and will be included in our next official release.

Attached is a screenshot where you can preview how the Reorder documents screen look like.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Awesome news!  It's not obvious in the screenshot but I hope the full doc name is in the title attibute? (tooltip?)

Hello Steve,

Yes, the whole title of the document will be shown in the tooltip.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thats so cool, whoever approved the posting of internal mockups or unreleased features, thank them :)  I love when you post these things

Thanks Again

This thread is closed