create news from my web application

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:01

create news from my web application

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2011 00:00

I need to create news in sitefinity database from my web application,

can I use web services to do this?

for example:
var usersService = new WebChannelFactory<IUsers>("mysite.it/.../UserProfileTypesService.svc");
            var usersChannel = usersService.CreateChannel();
            var auth = usersChannel.AuthenticateUser(new Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Credentials() UserName = "user", Password = "password", Persistent = true );

EndpointAddress address = new EndpointAddress("mysite.it/.../");
What is the News Interface to insert in ChannelFactory ?

Or is it better to use newManager?
for example:
NewsManager newsManager = new NewsManager("News");
NewsItem newsItem = newsManager.CreateNewsItem();

In this case how can I connect to sitefinity database?

thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

It is not very easy to create news items using our services, so I can recommend you to use either the Fluent or Native API. If you correctly write the code it will create all necessary records in the database. Please consult the following article:

http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials-modules-news-creating-news-items.html

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Victor,
Allthough it may not be very easy to create news using the web services, is it possible? For someone who is skilled with JSON/WCF and other scripting languages, it may be easier for them to use web services than learning and implementing the API's.

If it is possible, can you help me find a sample of HTTP Push to NewsItemService.svc that creates a News Item.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello David,

Please refer to the following article to create a news item through our rest service: www.sitefinity.com/.../getting_started_with_restful_services_in_sitefinity

Here is an additional link that you may find useful: www.sitefinity.com/.../working-with-restful-services-part-2-claims-authentication-and-designing-service-calls

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed