an error on multiple login

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:24

an error on multiple login

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi, I just have setup a website in sitefinity 4.2 but when i try to login with same user name from different browser then it shows me the message that "Some on already using this username...." and asked me to log the other user off and enter. When I click on the button to log the other user off then I see an error message.

Server Error in '/' Application.

String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.]
   System.Boolean.Parse(String value) +12631076
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.LogOutUserLogInMe() +288
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +130
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Asif,

It seems the problem comes at the last stage of the loging. In this case you logout the same user and create login cookie for the same user in the current browser, but the problem comes when the page processes the request in this line 

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
where includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint or includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint returns string value different than true or false. It is hard to determine what is the exact cause of this. Can you tell me which browser you used when tried to logout the user logged in the other browser and were there any specific settings or add-ons on the browser that deal with javascript or working with ajax reaquests?
Do you get the same error on different browser?

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

HI,
Thank you for a quick response on it. I got this error on both IE and Firefox browsers. Strange thing is we have several websites in 4.0 and 4.1 but I didn't find this kind of behavior. But in Sitefinity 4.2, I am getting this kind of issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Asif,

I am not sure what might be causing this or is it caused by a corrupted upgrade (excuse me if this is newly created project).
Can you test creating new Sitefinity 4.2 project ti check if you will get the same error? If the project has been upgraded to 4.2 can you test performing the upgrade procedure again? I suppose something went wrong with the upgrade.

Can you send me the problematic project and a backup of the database in a support ticket so I can examine the problem in more detail at my end?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

I've ran into the same problem.

I've analyzed the exception log and retrieve form data:

LoginFormControl%24logoutUser=0c2cbdce-27a6-4861-a3d5-c3779e4b0e70%3bDefault
LoginFormControl%24loginTicket=Si6LRUR9t3Ia3wtj0j6LI4VhpLsVmIYbG61T66ypO4xPrZ2Mp2kt6a9NwNsjviCearfQZtKN6sikI5ju%2ffG4M7GyfPSELxJr%2bmdBGDRetCjyMeupVzYGAOgL8Q2YN8sbUuXpjeWqNL9Zr%2fygS%2brzzqu1lYRVRMU%2fagAAAA%3d%3d
LoginFormControl%24mode=UserAlreadyLoggedIn
LoginFormControl%24smtpSettingsAreSet=True
LoginFormControl%24smtpPermissionDenied=False#q=LoginFormControl%24logoutUser%3D0c2cbdce-27a6-4861-a3d5-c3779e4b0e70%3BDefault
LoginFormControl%24loginTicket=Si6LRUR9t3Ia3wtj0j6LI4VhpLsVmIYbG61T66ypO4xPrZ2Mp2kt6a9NwNsjviCearfQZtKN6sikI5ju%2ffG4M7GyfPSELxJr%2bmdBGDRetCjyMeupVzYGAOgL8Q2YN8sbUuXpjeWqNL9Zr%2fygS%2brzzqu1lYRVRMU%2fagAAAA%3d%3d
LoginFormControl%24mode=UserAlreadyLoggedIn
LoginFormControl%24smtpSettingsAreSet=True
LoginFormControl%24smtpPermissionDenied=False

Looks like the problem in "LoginFormControl%24smtpPermissionDenied". It equals "False#q=LoginFormControl%24logoutUser%3D0c2cbdce-27a6-4861-a3d5-c3779e4b0e70%3BDefault".

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2012 00:00

So, I've ran in to this problem again.
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.ParseAuthTicket method splits AuthTicket to string array by "|" symbol. If user password contains "|" symbol - it's being splitted and the array get "offset". After that Boolean.parse method try to parse... one half of password and fails.

This thread is closed