ImageResizer

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:41

ImageResizer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi all,

Is it possible to use this ImageResizer library inside Sitefinity?
How would it work together?

http://imageresizing.net/

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Sitefinity can store the contents of images in the database or as physical files on the hard drive. However it only stores the original image. You can inherit from OpenAccessLibrariesProvider and override its protected virtual void UploadImage(Image image, Stream source, string mimeType) method, where you can use this library and resize the image in the Stream accordingly.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

My challenge over the past few hours has been to figure out a way to use ImageResizer to proportionately scale and clip images retrieved from the image library using the file system method.  I'm working with Sitefinity 5.3.  Just can't figure out how to hook in to the image library when its serving up images.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Rich,

Not sure if you managed to get this to work, or just having problems with uploading images.
At this moment I'm also trying to come up with a way to use the ImageResizer with the default Sitefinity providers.

For now you can make use of the ImageResizer by creating your own provider. When you create a library that uses this provider, the images are stored on disk, so the ImageResizer can actually do it's thing. I have this working and was planning to blog about it.

I can post the instructions later today. In the mean time I really want this to work also with the default providers, but I'm still working on this.

Regards,

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Daniel,

We have a great need for this!  Did you ever get it to work in Sitefinity and write your Blog about it?

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Laura,

Not yet, but since more people find this interesting, I'll do my best to blog about it this week.
Or send me an e-mail: mail [at] konstrui [dot] nl.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Laura,

Please find my blogpost on this link: http://knstr.it/17tNBZ1
It is a quick guide to setup the ImageResizer through a new custom Library Provider.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you Daniel for the useful blog post and for sharing it with the community. There is a blog posts connected to adding custom thumbnail sizes for Videos and Images in Sitefinity that might also be profitable. Please find it here.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed