template permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:57

template permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Good day,

Having read through the form it appears that when using a template I cannot assign permissions to one particular section of  a template. For example,  if I use the left side bar, header, footer template and want  particular users only to be able to edit in the right column for content and the rest are locked this is not possible - correct?

Thank you for the clarification

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Rob,

You are right that this exact functionality is not available in Sitefinity at the moment. However, what you can do is to set permissions to the widgets on your pages, which, I think, is close to what you are looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong. Setting permissions will allow or restrict users from viewing or/and modifying certain parts of the page.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Jen,

A problem has appeared in regards to templates I create. Any template I create cannot be edited by anyway, the option to edit is not there when I create a page and pick a template I have created. I have even set the permissions on the template so anyone can modify or create it. When I create a page if I choose one of the default templates I have no problem. Problem only appears to exist when I create a template. I created a .master in Visual Studio 2010 and have the same problem. Everything appears but there is no option to edit the page. I can go back to the template and edit it without a problem.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Rob,

We need some additional information to determine why this problematic behavior occurs. Please submit a support ticket with your backend credentials, so that we could examine the issue.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed