Forntend & Backend Servers

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:05

Forntend & Backend Servers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Sitefinity !

In our scenario,
we will be hosting the Complete Sitefinity site & Database on ‘DatabaseServer’  & Host the ‘Frontend’ of the website on ‘WebServer’. The ‘WebServer’ would be using the same database from ‘DatabaseServer’. But we would need to make sure that from ‘WebServer’, the CMS should not be accessible.

Please let me know how can we achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Telerik Team!

Please reply its argent.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

I am not sure you can split the front end from the backend into two separate apps. Since, the backend is protected by way of password, why would you hide it like that? Anyway, if I wanted to do the same thing, I would probably shell the terminal out and configure the browser in kiosk mode. that way they can't navigate from the address bar and they cant invoke a new instance of the browser. i might be talking rubish though.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

As Andrey properly pointed out, Sitefinity backend has been secured to satisfy this purpose, you cannot access the backend if you do not provide valid login credentials, and you can go a step further and exclude the frontend users from the BackendUsers role, which will automatically notify them that they do not have sufficient rights to browse the site backend. FIf you decide this type of security does not satisfy your requirements, maybe it'll be possible to configure IP block in IIS for the /Sitefinity folder, and allow/deny certain IPs to access it.
I'm afraid hosting the frontend and backend on different servers would not be possible as they both share configuration resources that need to be accessible for both. If there's anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed