Image Chooser suggestions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:15

Image Chooser suggestions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,
I don't know if I can change this myself somehow, but in a content block when I go to insert an image from ones already uploaded, the window that pops up is a little too short. I always have to drag it down to see the Insert button. This is a little annoying. Is there a way to make this window a little taller please?

Also, there is no way to see how two similar images are different. Can you please add alt text on hover over the images that includes at least the file name, and maybe the image dimensions too? I have included a screenshot as an example. There are two Phonak and two Star images, and I don't know which is the thumbnail. Also the scroll bars are shown, both in the Insert an Image window, and gallery too. If you could resize them to make them go away it would be really helpful for usability! Thank you very much!

Oleg

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Oleg,

Thank you for your suggestions.
Yesterday we released version 4.3 where we introduced improvements in the Image widget like Alt text with name and dimensions for every image, crop and resize etc. Read the Release notes for Sitefinity 4.3 for more details on what you will find in Sitefinity 4.3.
To benefit from the improvements you may upgrade to the newest version.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Oleg,

This is also a suggestion I did. Maybe you can check this thread:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/sitefinity-ux/select-image-dialog-improvements.aspx

See the attached image of a wireframe with the plans for this dialog.

I think there still is no estimate for this, but hopefully a PITS item will be there soon, so we can vote!

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support. As I mentioned before the Image editor improvements in 4.3 include Alt tex on hover, which can help you better determine the size of the image and to understand whether it is a thumbnail or not.

The good news is that adding options for switching between list/thumbnail view and sorting options will be included in the plans but they will not be ready for the 4.4 release.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@Oleg
  I have been bugging them about the missized windows causing scrollbars literally EVERY release...nobody ever seems to want to fix them :/  IMO they just come off as sloppy "we'll fix it later"...

Steve

@Steve

Somehow I get the feeling you are complaining this time. That's acutally my job. But I must say as anyoing this might be I have bigger issues and things on my whishlist. But then again its like my childrens x-mas whishlist.

They can always which for anything but not getting much.

4.4 should be around x-mas time. So let's see how much from my wish list makes it into this release. As soon as the 4.3 language pack are out I will update my fist sites and put my whishlist together. I am sure there is going to be much on it I was wishing for a long time ago.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

We are workinh on this problem and hopefully the problems with the scrollbars and missized windows will be gone really soon.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Antoanetta

Onca again thanks for your repsonse but do me one favoir. Don't use expressions like hopefully. Telerik is in charge of the problems. It's us who are hoping you should be doing.

Every time I read hopfully, we are planning, we are considering -> I know its not goingt to happen.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the feedback.

I agree with you that this is not the best approach, but I would like to assure you that everything we plan and promised will become live.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

After more then one year I am positive 5.4 will do the trick. Looking so much forward to 5.4. This release is more anticipated by me then any release before.

Markus

This thread is closed