Please Help

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:58

Please Help

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

one of my colleages added a custom field to the Lists module in sitefinity, so i deleted those fields because i no longer need them. but what happened is that i started recieving errors when adding a new item so i started changing settings in the list advanced settings well it seems that i ruined the list module :S .... so please i need help is there some kind of way i can restore the settings of the list. i need an answer as soon as possible .

Thank you

I am sure Telerik will get back with better suggestions, but this is what I would try if I were in your situation.

1 - Do you have a back-up, if yes then you can restore to the back-up, if not then make sure you have a back-up.
2 - Have you restarted the application completely from the WebServer?
3 - What kind of errors, it would help if you posted the actual error message.
4 - All the settings are XML files in the \App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder. Not sure if it would work, but I would create a new project of the same version, and replace the the ListsConfig.config from the new project into your broken one.

Make sure you make a back-up before you do anything, just in case it will make it worse.
Sorry, that's all I can come up with.
Andrei

Thank you that did help .... but i am back to my previous error. attached are error messages i recieve 

If you have restored the Settings configuration file, completely flushed the browser cache and restarted the WebApp from the Server (restart it just to make sure) and still it errors, then I can't think of anything else for now. In cases like this I then start thinking about restoring the database. Sorry. Perhaps @Telerik will respond soon.

i think the problem is with a custom field named categories i cant delete that custom field or edit it even 

are you using the latest version? just wondering if it might be fixed in the latest release. i remember something about deleting or hiding fields that required. if you mark something as required then you get issues. it happened to me in teh news module. sorry i can't be of any further help.

yes. thank you for your help i hope that telerik answer as soon as possible

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Telerik would you please provide me with the list configuration files that will reset the settings of sitefinity list settings. Please it is urgent 

Thank you 

Hello Salma,

All the configuration files for Lists are located in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/
ListsConfig
ListsConfig.contentViewControls.EventsBackend.views.EventsBackendEdit
ListsConfig.contentViewControls.EventsBackend.views.EventsBackendinsert
ListsConfig.contentViewControls.EventsBackend.views.EventsBackendPreview
ListsConfig.contentViewControls.EventsBackend.views.EventsBackendVersinPreview
Make a backup of the config files before removing them and see if the issue will resolve. All custom field settings are stored in the config files.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This is what i actually did i removed the following configuration file: ListsConfig
but i did not find the following to delete them

and is still get the error messages. can telerik by some way provide me with the missing configuration files so that i would place them and reset the list settings.

Thank you for your fast reply 

Hi Salma,

If you are missing
That means there are no custom fields registered for lists(if I send you the configuration files for lists module with custom fields there might be a bigger problem or no result at all). Seeing you can`t access the settings for lists I am not sure what might have caused this. I have some suggestions please test them on a separate project.
Remove all the assemblies in the bin folder and replace them with the assemblies from a blank project from the same Sitefinity version.

If this doesn`t help can you open a support ticket and send me the project files and a backup of the database so I can inspect the issue in more detail at my end? If the files are too big to attach to the ticket please upload them to FTP and provide me with credentials.
If in some case sending files is not possible can you give me temporary backend access to the site to inspect further?

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

i can give you access to the backend ?? is that fine 

i already opened a ticket but no answer 

This thread is closed