SF 4.3 - promised and not delivered - again and again

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

SF 4.3 - promised and not delivered - again and again

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Business as usual? - You always are publishing an optimistic roadmap but never delivering your solutions in time. - October 2011 is over! Today is November 2nd. ----- Your customers are waiting not only for new features but also for announced bug fixes !!!!

;-(( Robert

I don't think the roadmap was ever updated...but there was a post recently saying perhaps first week of november (I think Markus complained the roadmap wasn't updated in that thread)

SOOOooo this week technically is still not over :)  I'm just refreshing the download area every hour or so just in case.

Steve I do that on your download page a lot too.  :)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Study shows that most Software Projects of reasonable magnitude are usually late. But if you take the average time by which they are late, then Telerik is not doing too bad. Given that, I never take the Roadmap as a solid promise, but as a guideline instead. I know that it does not help when clients demand a concrete date, but you can always give them a week later than specified on the Roadmap and so surprise them sometimes. Its just the way I see it.

@Andrei

Man can we be glad they are not building dreamliner airplanes :-)

@Steve

Yes of course it was me who complained. I am still one 100% behind Telerik and love Sitefinity and would not want to use any other CMS on the market.

But thats another thing. If you have a slogen deliver more then you expect, then you should at least deliver what you promisse.

To me I would not have minde if someone at Telerik would have switched the roadmap date from October to 1st half of November - what puzzles me is that if you tell Telerik that the information is not correct on the site the mistake is not corrected. I bet 4.4 is still November/December when everybody knows its never ever going to happen in November - lucky if we get it in December.

Not everyone has the SF forum as a hangout to read throuh post and see who might make a prediction when or when not the release will come.

Last thing I read was its going to be this week, or next week. What kind of Statement is this. It's like flipping a coin telling its either head or tails :-)

So what I would expect (sorry if this made the impression I was complaining)

Some project manager in SF will sit down and asks his employees. When will you be ready. Look them steight in the eye and tell them not to be to optimistic and deliver what they promis. Then add 3 weeks to this date and publish it.

Importand would be that 3 weeks prior to the date you talk to your programmers and tell them they are late what is happening.

I have one customer which we did postpone release of the date because we were wating for 4.3.

Buttom line. I am not complaining - I am would simply do it another way especially when I use that slogan.

Markus

PS: And yes I am looking forward to many bugfixes in 4.3 as well. But I am sure there will still be bugs left from February and that's what's sadens me. SF still is the best CMS on the market and I could recomand it to anyone. However my opinion of Teleriks performance has shifted a bit.

Telerik is setting the dates not we. We do not pressure them to go live early.

At least we know who's to blame http://twitter.com/#!/ligaz/status/132030100257521664 :)

4.3 is out

Hey guys,

Sitefinity 4.3 has been just released. Yes, we are couple of days late, since October ended last week, but I am wondering what would have happen if we announced November as a possible release date. Then most of the people would take it too pessimistically and think - "Man, November has 30 days, I am going to wait an eternity", while the truth is, we targeted first days of November.

I think we are doing better, and with your understanding we'll do even better.

Thanks for all the support and understanding so far. We are doing our best to not let you down.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Georgi

Great to see 4.3 is out. Will consult the change log immediately to see what fixed. Jeeehaaa

a) I hope you did not rush it in any way to please us
b) I hope the roadmap will finaly get updated :-) (steve :-))

But I have to disagree with your last remark. If you would have anounced 4.3 to be out on November 15th and deliver it on November 3rd everybody would be more then happy. And you would have deliverd more then we expected.

Anyhow as usally thanks to you and your team for this new release.

Markus

@Georgi,

We're geeks... we all want the latest, shiniest and fastest toys available... it's in our nature :) Don't be put down by negative comments, everybody gets cranky with bugs around deadlines.

I'm actually impressed with this 'intermediate' release, great number of fixes impressive performance optimization numbers! Can't wait to test them out... and we still have the regular Q4 release to look forward to!

Keep it up!
J.

This thread is closed