4.3 Language Packs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:20

4.3 Language Packs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

@Telerik

When will the 4.3 language packs be available?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

The language packs are coming up really soon. We will do our best to release them by the end of next week.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

Soon is not enough:

4.3 is simply NOT WORKING without the language packs: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/updating-from-1733-to-1873-exeption.aspx

Sure hope you deliver it a.s.a.p. I don't mind if you can not translate everything and make a intermediate release with some english in the translateions. BUT make it fast or 4.3 is simply unusable for any mulitlingual site.

I know that there is a workaround but

WCMS -> Web Content Management System NOT Workaround Content Management System.

Thanks for all the good work you do. Looking forward to a much faster 4.3 version with many bugs fixed. SF really is getting better with every release.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

We will do our best to deliver the language packs as soon as possible. I am sorry about the caused inconvenience and problems.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

I totally agree with you: Sitefinity SELLS multi-language but is not able do DELIVER multi-language versions. - Deep in the heart of SF development in Sofia/Bulgaria the developing guys should know that there are also other languages than English. For instance German, French and so on...

But that isn't all: I started a NEW SF project in 4.3 and it ran at my development server - with english backstage... - normally. Today I wanted to move this project to my production server, and: surprise - as other SF fellows also have this problem - you cannot start your webapp:

Access to the path 'C:\SF43\BO\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ToolboxesConfig.config' is denied.

In the meantime I am totally frustrated about that pour SF upgrading process. I do not intend to spend the rest of my life in SF forums to detect errors and possibilities of workarounds. - All in all today SF is not worth its money......

Robert ;-(((

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Robert

While I agree that its not nice to expect an 4.3 version in October, have it delivered in early November and might not be able to use it till mid or late November I disagree with this error beeing related to language files.

To me this is the worst setback of all untill now. Not only does 4.3 not fix many of the 6 month old bugs but I can't even use it until now to take advantage of what has been fixed or speed improments.

I usually take any mistake on my part as a chance to make a good impression afterwards. In this case I made 8 USD in Telerik points and have not heard anything since.

I sure is not possible to simply tell my clients - sorry you had german backend in 4.2 i now have updated to 4.3 wich brings many improvments and more speed BUT sorry no german backend anymore.

Yes its frustrating as well. Still Teleriks SF is from a usability prospective still woth the money. I rather have less functions at a slighly higher price (some other CMS deliver much more) but have the UI so simple that any user can fix it.

Truth is though 9 month after the initial luch you would simply expect more. And I don't have the focus on migrating my 3.7 sites over (lots of dedication there from Telerik) or include a e-commerce solution in it first release.

What I realy realy want is a bug free functional CMS at its core.

---------
Bottom line as usuall

100% fan of Sitefinity - 75 % happy with SF - 50 % satisfied with performance of Telerik at the moment.

Sure hope the language file will be out this week. I would not even car if they have the english words for whats missing. But simply having no language files is sad.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

Two weeks after 4.3 has been released and I still can not use it because the language files are not updated to 4.3.

I have customers that don't speak to much english so I simply need the langauge packs.

I was told that German was under testing. Any news on when we can finaly get the files?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

The language packs are live on our marketplace:

www.sitefinity.com/.../modules.aspx

It took us a while to streamline the process internally, however I can guarantee that this was the last time this happens!

Kind regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Daer Grisha

Thanks a whole heap for the good news. Great you found a way to deliver future language packs at the same time with the update releases.

Thanks again.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Welcome anytime! Please keep me posted with your progress on updating your websites!

Regards,
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Well you asked me for keeping you posted

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/updating-from-1733-to-1873-exeption.aspx

Unfortunately after 4 hours of trying I still cant get it running.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Yes, I did! I'm working on it, let's keep the discussion concentrated in 1 thread - for example this one.
I will get back to you there ASAP.

Greetings,
the Telerik team

This thread is closed