upgrade from 42 to 4.3

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:47

upgrade from 42 to 4.3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

To upgrade from 4.2.1650 to 4.3 can I just upgrade as normal or do I need to make a stop at 4.2 SP1 and apply the two hotfix assemblies before proceeding to 4.3?

Thanks.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

I asked this over twitter, didn't get a response so just to be safe I went from 4.2 to 4.2 SP1, then to 4.3.

You don't need to apply the hotfix assemblies though, they just have the same version # of the release they hotfix

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Anthony

One thing is for sure. If you are using other backend languages then english the update will not work because the 4.3 language resources are not ready!!

So if you use different backenlanguages you need to do the following.

Change backend default language to EN as per this KB article http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/telerik-web-ui-parseexception-expression-expected-exception-after-upgrade-to-sitefinity-4-3.aspx

Then you could use the 4.3 update. Once the 4.3 lanugage files are released you can import them and remove the code from the KB article.

Since all my sites have DE backend languages I was not able to test 4.3 so I am not able to help you on your question. Sorry.

It really would be nice if Telerik would be specific about this matter from what version you can update. Maybe its out there and I just missed it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

You can upgrade directly to 4.3, as all fixes and patches are included in our latest release.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed