reg default document and multiple URL

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:51

reg default document and multiple URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik,

This is Sravan from india, 
We have been using Sitefinity 4.1 to develop a website.

We are facing two problems

1. The landing page for the website is learn just like when you entered www.yourdomain.com the page it will show is learn, and this is made highlighted in the Navigation Menu also, whenever we are browsing inside the website say from aboutus to again learn the url will be www.youdomain.com/learn Upto this is OK, But the same learn page is accessible with the www.yourdomain.com/default.aspx also, requirement is in such a way client dont want to access page with this url.

and secondly

We had some login information placed in the Header part of the Site, where if we made the page with caching after logging with credentials and  when the page is requested to serve next time its showing still login button instead its expected to show logout button with username,

If remove caching everything is perfect except the time its taking to load the page,

I want a solution where i want ot exclude perticularly specified  control from getting cached.

Please suggest me, The Site development is almost ending

regards
Sravan Kumar Tatikonda

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Sravan Kumar,

Unfortunately it is not possible to fix this cache issue. You need cache substitution but it is not yet supported properly by Sitefinity.

If you want to remove the ~/default.aspx URL remove the Default.aspx file from the list of default files of your root web application.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed