HtmlField backend configuration (Content Editor)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:00

HtmlField backend configuration (Content Editor)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I need a feature previously programmed in 4.2 version, suppressed on roadmap and not planned for the next version at first sight.
Get the possibility to customize Content Editor by having access to following both fields in Administration Settings : "EditorToolsConfiguration" and "EditorToolsConfigurationKey". Have access to height field would be a plus, but both first ones are really useful. They will allow to configure HtmlField Toolbar without developped custom components for custom fields and give access to existing content fields for News, Events, Lists.....

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Nicolas,

Can you please clarify which is the exact feature that we're discussing here, so I can be sure we're on the same page. Since Sitefinity 4.1 we have introduced backedn configurations for the HtmlField, which allows you to set certain properties from the backend configurations (for example ToolsFile) without the need of mapping the template and creating different editor configurations. For more information about this functionality, please take a look at this blog post.
The option of setting custom editor configurations is still available in the latest official release of Sitefinity (4.3) and will allow you to create and use custom ToolsFile configurations Please do not hesitate to let me know if the functionality you demanded differs from what I've described above.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

In a way that's it, but not rather complete. The configuration XML "StandardEditorConfiguration" and "MinimalEditorConfiguration" are for whole WYSIWYG into the site.

I look for differents configurations on WYWIWYG as example :
- Keep Standard configuration on Content blocks
- Have a specific on News Content
- Have another on custom field HtmlField on News
- etc.

In Settings > Advanced > Appearance > EditorConfigurations, we can create multiple configuration but we can't link it with Standard backend HtmlField. It works only for custom module who contains HtmlField.

By default keep StandardEditorConfiguration and have possibility to override it with custom EditorConfiguration for each fields.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you very much for pointing out the need for such functionality. I'll make sure to address this on our internal meeting when planning the new features for the upcoming releases. Please stay in touch so we can let you know if there's been progress on this matter. Thanks in advance

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Thank you for your answer.
I'll keep an eye on it ;)

Regards
Nicolas

This thread is closed