Sitefinity/Asp.net Membership license concurrency issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:16

Sitefinity/Asp.net Membership license concurrency issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi there guys,

We have purchased Sitefinity 4.x Small Business Edition for our customer with the understanding that there's a single user license for the "Back end" of Sitefinity.

We've built a list control for general users to login to our customer's site and check some information, but for some reason the concurrency issue is kicking in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to create any number of users as long as they don't access the CMS portion of the application right? So if we create a page that lists out a list of brokers where they can search, edit, create, etc Brokers and it's part of the front end part, that shouldn't bring the concurrency issue into affect correct?

If I'm correct, then my second questions is... when a user registers with our custom control, can we use the Sitefinity API to add the user's account then save the rest of the information to our own tables?

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Jacques,

Are the users that you created and try to login marked as "backend users"? The policy should kick in only for backend users.

If you use a custom control to get the user's information you can then create a new user using the UserManager class - check the following documentation article:

http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/deep-dive-security-users.html

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Lubomir,

yes the user's are part of the Backend User role, if that's what you're referring to?

Ok so essentially the concurrency issue will only kick in for those Backend Users and we can still use the Sitefinity API to create users which won't be affected unless they are added to the backend users role?

Regards,
Jacques

Hello J.Hoventer,

If the users are in the BackendUsers role then the policy will kick in. I don't quite understand your second question, but you need to simply create users and not assign them to the BackendUsers role if you want the policy to not restrict your logged users.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed