Forgot Your Password Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:24

Forgot Your Password Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I've just created a page where I want users to go to have their password recovery done, but I don't see any widget to do that. I don't want to point my general users to the Sitefinity internal page. Where can I find the widget that does this?

Regards,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

The out of the box Login widget that can be dropped onto a Sitefinity page provides the ForgotPassword functionality, however if you need to use it as a separate widget, I believe you might find the discussion we've had on this forum thread useful. Please do not heasitate to get back to us if you need some additional information, we'll be glad to help.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Boyan,

Agreed, but doesn't this control redirect you to the built-in 'forgot your password' page formatted with Sitefinity's design elements? I don't want that, it should be formatted like the rest of the customer's site?

Regards,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

Thank you for pointing this out, indeed this would lead to the default Sitefinity ForgotPassword page. The other option is still valid, though - you can use the code I provided you in my previous reply and create a user control that would be used as a standalone widget and can be dropped on any Sitefinity page. For your convenience I'm attaching a sample user control and a short video demonstrating how it works. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance on this functionality, we'll be glad to help

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/313538_5F00_PasswordRecoveryControl.zip:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/313537_5F00_Controls.zip:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

I have implemented the control from Boyan. Thank you Boyan.  I would like to change the label of "username" to "Email" however.  I used the parameter - "UserNameLabelText="Email" however it does not change the label.  Am I doing something wrong?

This thread is closed