How do I link the login name to the user profile page?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:06

How do I link the login name to the user profile page?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

I would like to have "My Account" text next to the login name that links to the user profile page. Is there a way to do this? Or what is the best way to link to the user profile page so that a non-logged-in user can't get there? It would be nice to have it work off the login name. Thanks.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

What  you need to do is to modify the template of the login control and map it in Sitefinity. I've attached the template, where I've changed the text property of the username label. To map it to the login control navigate to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Controls -> ViewMap and fill the form as following:

HostType: Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl
LayoutTemplatePath: ~/UserControls/LoginControlCustom.ascx (the path to your template)

After that, go to Advanced properties of the login widget and in the DestinationPageUrl field enter the path to the page, where your login control should lead. Also, to restrict access of anonymous users to that page, you need to set permissions to it, so that it would be visible only for a certain user.

Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed