Perrmision to run a blog

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:40

Perrmision to run a blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity team.

I would like to give to the user permission to run a blog on our site.

The user should be able to login in sitefinity backend and create blogs and blog posts. Also he should be able to view and modify only his own posts and blogs. 

To allow the user to access the backend of sitefinity I have to make him backend user, however as soon as he receives this privilege he is able to see the pages in backend as well as two create and modify content blocks.

Is there a way to disable this default settings so when I give a user a privilege to access the sitefinity backend he should not be able to create/delete/modify/view anythigs until I give them exclusive permission to access the modules I select for them?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Vitako,

You can easily configure this functionality by creating a new role that's responsinble for managing blogs. If you assing a user to it, and check the This user can access the site Backend checkbox, by default the user will be able to see the Pages and Content nodes in the Dashboard menu. Under Content only Content blocks option will be visible. What you'll need to do is log in as administrator, go to Administration->Backend pages and deny view permissions for the Pages backend page and Content Blocks backend page for that particular role. Once you've done this, your user will see no links in the Dashboard menu. You'll need to go to Content->Blogs and click on the permissions section in the right sidebar of that page - you can then configure the necessary permissions for your role, as per the desired use case scenario. For your convenience I've recorded a sample video demonstrating how you can achieve this, please find it attached to this reply. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed