4.3 upgrade - content widget problems

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:15

4.3 upgrade - content widget problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Good day,

We recently upgrade to 4.3.1885. from 4.2 and now have a problem with the content block widget.   When we go to edit the content block the edit block now appears very small with both scroll bars. Even if we create a new content block the problem is the same. We cannot add any content within the edit box and receive an error when we click on Enter Content or  Edit. The error we receive is

Line: 812
Char: 5
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Extenders.ExpandableExtender is null or not an object

Have attached an image of how the edit box now appears. Cannot  resize the box.
Currently using IE 7 and no chance of updating  anytime soon.

Thanks,
Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

I seem to be running into the same issue...

Any word from Telerik on this?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

No answer from Telerik yet.  I did notice that this only happens on the content widget box as all the other ones I have tried expand out like they should. Is this the same for you?

Rob

Exactly the same.  At first I thought my permissions were altered during the upgrade.  After testing some users I noticed a trend with IE7.

This makes things difficult because IE7 is our supported browser in an organization of 8500 employees.  As of now 150 people have rights to edit the site. Maybe 10% have IE8.

Hopefully they can issue a patch to fix like they did for FF7 and 4.2.

I have had a bug in my site since 4.2 that kept me from allowing users to edit the site, now that the bug is worked out IE7 becomes the problem. 

Anthony

We had originally had a problem with images so did the upgrade and now we are unable to edit our site. Much like you, IE 7 is our supported browser and the organization has no plans in the near future to update to IE 8.

Hopefully there will be a solution soon as we are dead in the water right now.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your issue.

I am reading through the thread and looking at your attachment and it seems that the problem is caused by the fact that you are using a custom template for the HtmlField control and the built in template for the HtmlField control has changed and you are missing a required control on the template. please dowload the latest version of the Sitefinity SDK and get the new template from the templates archive distributed with the SDK (found under SDK\Content\Resources folder).

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Good day Radoslav,

Can't remember if the snapshot was from a custom template or not. I have tried 3 of the default templates and the result was still the same for all 3. Appears to happen with cutsom and default templates. I will download the current SDK and see what happens.

Thanks,
  Rob

We have not changed any of the control templates for our site.  Everything is pretty much stock.

In IE8 and IE9 everything seems to work as expected.  I have also noticed that in Firefox, when I being editing pages the memory usage will jump over 500MB for the browser and become very sluggish. This does not happen in IE so I have been using it.

I am looking at the errors I am getting in IE when running in IE7 standards mode and it is as follows.  I do not get either of the errors when running in IE9 standards or IE8 standards mode:

SCRIPT1028: Expected identifier, string or number
ScriptResource.axd?d=AfM7UGsrTwbJzBomEm1bpXBf6DlcPdky2X9SoMeNtmwcL9kx4lL3raxVE0u5Nc0YkKmdNnMb2Vk1VkwdmE4JNj0f3mVzO0wr5b4irn0ldIOTSTRR1OMn0fS7_GcXa7TMkmhmsljPZQ2v0U7ogI8hLKcNtpo25rkFDc4eT9GjZXOsqYU60&t=ffffffff8fa93cfd, line 244 character 3

SCRIPT445: Object doesn't support this action
ScriptResource.axd?d=q6HubIP8iGbFq0UfQMw0b_LVqWg8q-4_qpFMmtCsrUvOxn4wfVbumh5tB9m5khKswvRp094RBC2ckPivl4E5H-uanxU4Yxhb8Y3EHMsvl0VJhPISRSXluWkJncZWzQQWlrA4xY5_cWxdlchmSVb6hOHjXSGVuoWt78ZdCSq1IVdYphZZMlaEkgR78yOlZ-NXQ7WYTQ2&t=4cce952e, line 1 character 69664

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,
    We did not install the SDK when we first installed Sitefinity but am assuming we do not need a previous version to install the latest. After Anthony's reply I am not sure installing the sdk will help as we have had problems with images in the past and it came down to being an IE 7 issue so am leaning that way on this also.

We did download the sdk but currently cannot install it as get an error stating the system administrator has set policies blocking this process. We are trying to figure that out now as no problem installing software except for the SDK so are trying to find our policy that is stopping us from installing it.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2011 00:00

Good day Radoslav,
   We are still having problems with the content widget in 4.3 so what we would intend on doing is reinstalling 4.2. Even though we had a minor glitch with images in that version at least we could work around it.  Under my account the msi for 4.2 is no longer available. Is there somewhere we can download the 4.2 msi?
Thanks.
Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2011 00:00

I am also experiencing this issue in IE7 even with a clean SiteFinity 4.3.1885 install.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

We were able to reproduce the issue in IE 7 browser and are already working on it. The issue does not occur on IE9 and other browsers.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2011 00:00

Good day Radoslav,

Thanks for the info and will wait for the fix instead of re-installing 4.2
   Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2012 00:00

Is this issue already solved? I'm on 5.1.3210 but still can't see the comments field in IE7?

Thanks,
Daniel

This thread is closed