Permissions for editor role

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:10

Permissions for editor role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

I have several of my users assigned to the editor role. What permissions do i need to change to allow them to duplicate content blocks (Content Block > More > Duplicate)?
Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

You need to edit the permissions for all pages - the link can be found on the right column of the "Pages" section. Then you can set the create and modify permissions for your custom role ( in my case, test ). Please check the attached screenshot.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Victor,
I have several users who are assigned the editor role. They can create, edit, delete and move content blocks but they are not able to duplicate them. Why is that? The website is running version 4.1.1501.0.
Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

We have created new project and were able to duplicate the content on the pages as well as the actual pages without having any problems. Please verify that you have set

Edit page content

permissions properly if you want to edit content on the pages.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Steve,

Just a quick follow up: please provide additional information about your setup if you have set everything properly and the window still pops up.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Victor,
I believe I have everything set correctly but it is still not working.
This user (an editor) cannot duplicate content blocks. When I am logged in to this account and try to duplicate a content block nothing happens. No error message, it just doesn't work. Can you please take a look?
I can send you the login info.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Please send us the login credentials in a support ticket so we can review the site's backend functionality.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

I have run into this exact same problem in 5.1 and enabled every permission I could find to no avail.  The only way I have been able to allow users to duplicate a widget in a page is to edit the permissions on the specific widget and enable the role to Change Widget Permissions.

Telerik, is there no way to enable this globally to avoid having to edit every widget?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi team, 

I have some doubts in setting the permissions of widgets in a page.

instead of assigning the permission for each widget separate inside a page, is there any option to set the permission globally for all the widgets of a page.

In our project we have 2 main roles content manager and content writer. content manager should able to edit, move, delete and can add new content widget to the main page. And content writer only should able to edit and update the content widget to the main page, he is not allowed to delete or move the content widget. Finally it is worked well by editing the permission of each widget separate separately, also i checked it by logging in as content writer and content manager.

but to do this we need to edit the permission of each widget separately. If i delete a content widget and added a new content widget in that same place the permission of deleted content widget is not inherited to the new one. and again we need to set the permission from the scratch. so im searching a way to set the permission globally.  i also searched  a lot about page permission and permissions of all page, but there is no option to set move, delete permission for the widget, only edit content of the page, add widget to the page permission is there.
so now my question is, 

1. how to set permission to (move, delete, edit) all content widgets of a page(globally)?. and 

2. how to inherit the permissions to new content widget from the deleted one, or from the another content widget of the same page?.

Thank u.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Kalaivani,

Please refer to the following forum thread where we have replied to your questions.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed