Flash upload issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:33

Flash upload issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi

I have saved my swf file in the ~\Files folder as per attached image files.jpg. However when I use Content widget’s Flash Manger I don’t see my swf file as per attached image flash-manager.jpg. What am I doing wrong? I am running SF via Project Manager.

Thanks

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello John,

After you have added your file, have you built/restarted the project?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello, 
I have the same problem. I think it depends on the file, but I'm not sure how to do anything about it. When I use a file that was linked to on this site, it worked, but when I try to use a swf file on a site I'm trying to recreate, it doesn't work. I can't attach it here, but if you go to: www.ihsinfo.org it is the slideshow on the front page.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

I tried to access the site, but was redirected to a project that is not based on Sitefinity. Can you confirm that the link is correct. Attached is an image of the website.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yes, that site is correct. It is the site I am trying to recreate in Sitefinity, which is here: test.ihsinfo.org. In a previous post in these forums or maybe the documentation (I don't remember), I found a link to a flash video to test with and it works fine... the name of the file is: FlashVideo_preview.swf. But on my site the slideshow swf file I need doesn't work, but I think its because there is a js file and some xml files that it needs. I can't attach the files... should I open a support ticket to attach a zip file?

I can just add a script block to the js file I think, but I don't know what to do with the xml files. Can you please help me get it to work? Thank you!

Eric

Ok, I got it working using XML data sources that pointed to my xml files (which I put in the Files directory with the swf files). I did the same thing with the js file it needed, and had Sitefinity add it to the head tag. Under that directory I needed to make a gallery directory with the images that were needed for the actual slideshow. The Flash Manager preview still doesn't show anything, but I was able to go into the html and add the extra parameters needed to make it work. Sometimes I notice that Sitefinty changes the html but it didn't here and everything is good, thank you for replying!

Eric

This thread is closed