can't publish page because it's locked by me?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:14

can't publish page because it's locked by me?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Whenever I try to publish a page I get a popup message saying "This page is locked by [myusername]."

But I'm logged in as [myusername].

I've tried different browsers, clearing cache and cookies, rebooting machine, running in both VS Development Server and IIS Express.

Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Did you ever resolve this? I have this same issue I've been trying to resolve for 2 weeks. Our client is not able to update any content.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Jeremy
Dear Kevin
I found that most of the time when a page is locked by the user it because they use the backbutton on the browser. It happens to me sometimes because I have a back button on my mouse and use that by instinct.

Do you get the error when you try to publish from the action menu or also when you upen the page and then publish.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

All pages triggered a message of being locked when trying to Save, Publish, or Delete. No pages were indicating they were locked when viewing the treeview of pages in the backend. My issue is resolved now and had to do with the site not being able to properly communicate with Sitefinity Workflow files.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Jeremy,

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you outline the steps you took to resolve your issue?

Thanks,

-Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

In my case this was closely related to the error "Failed Workflow Operation... There was no endpoint listening at...".

Depending on my settings in the Sitefinity Administration I would get this error or the locked pages error. So if it's happening for all pages and all accounts, it very well could be related to the site no being able to properly make calls to the Workflow files under /YourWebsiteRoot/Workflows/. See my detailed explanation of how I resolved it in the following forum thread.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2012 00:00

The link is bad - any chance you could update it or help me find the answer that you found there?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2012 00:00

I wish Telerik would quit breaking their own links. The link was good back in January. I come across broken forum and documentation links every time I'm looking for answers, and that is all the time. It just waste our time trying to figure out what the new link is. In the case of this link, they for some reason replaced "sitefinity-4-x" with "sitefinity".

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx 

This thread is closed