Links in Search Results cause yellow screen

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:22

Links in Search Results cause yellow screen

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

I've migrated our site from 3.7 to 4.2. I have a Search Results page thats contains a search result widget. The search widget is on the template and configured to send results to the Search Results page. When I enter a search term, the results are displayed on Search Results as expected. However, the links that are generated cause the "yellow screen of death" with the error "System.Web.HttpException: Page not found". The links are in the format http://domain.com/SearchResults.aspx/some_information/more_information

I have no idea how the link is suppose to look. We have not modified the Search Results widget in any way. Are the links suppose to start with the url of the search results page? I've reindexed the search index (we only have one) twice hoping that would fix the problem but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Dewayne,

We have responded to your support thread, you can check our reply there. For your convenience I'm pasting our reply here as well:
"Can you please let us know what is the exception message on the yellow screen that is shown after clicking one of the generated links (maybe a screenshot might help as well). Also, would you be able to inspect whether the Search Results page's URL matches the ~/SearchResults.aspx URL, as I'm concerned about the particular page extension - .aspx, which I believe might be causing the issues, since URL extensions of that type are not handled that well in Sitefinity 4.x versions"
Looking forwards to your reply.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed