Synchronizing Staging to Product Servers

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:30

Synchronizing Staging to Product Servers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a client that would like to develop certain pages on a Staging Server and once it's approved, be able to synchronize those pages to a Production Server.

Is there any way to so something like this where you can make changes on two different sites at the same time, but publish from one site to another?  I thought I remembered you were working on something like this.

One other way would be to only make changes on the Staging Server and once changes have been approved, replace the Product Server database with the Staging Database and upload all the code and files to the Production Server at the same time.  This would sort of work but you couldn't make any changes (something small, for example) to the Production Server because you would lose it when you replaced the files from the Staging Server.

Let me know what the best solution is and if it's something you have built in or had discussed building in but haven't yet.

Thanks!

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Ben,

According to the roadmap this feature will be avialble in 4.4, but it seems it will be a paid feature for professional and standard feature for enterprise.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

This thread is closed