Sitefinity 4.3 site really really slow!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:35

Sitefinity 4.3 site really really slow!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello,

We have just recently upgraded one of our projects from 4.2 to 4.3, it is really really slow both on the back-end as well as on the front-end. It was the same thing with our 4.2 site too, it is really slow. We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and there is only one site on the server presently. Our site is not a high traffic site, we don't get a lot of hits. I have read a lot of posts about keeping sites and making sites faster. I am looking for some direction geared towards settings in web.config file specially for Sitefinity.

We have made all the necessary changes we could on the IIS side. Can you please suggest some options that I can turn on/ set in the web.config file (caching sitefinity resources, cache) that can have an impact on the site load time pertaining to Sitefinity. Is there any documentation/ best practices for optimization in web.config file that I can refer specifically for Sitefinity. Can we do any enhancements just through the back-end of Sitefinity using the "Settings" interface. It has been a long struggle for us to speed up the sites.

Thank you.

I am also interested in best practices (on a production site) for getting the best performance. Commenting to follow this thread.

Dan.Thank you.

I believe a lot of people are looking for some suggestions for improving performance!!!

One thing we noticed was slowing our website was the location of the DB.  There is a LOT of traffic between the SQL server and the web server during operation, especially on pages that have not been cached.  We ended up putting our SQL server in the DMZ, where before it was on a different subnet.This made a considerable improvement in the speed of the site.  Also check the performance of SQL server, it may be slowing things down.

We also had some issues with our firewall slowing down the traffic to the website and the SQL server.  Moving the SQL allowed us to reduce that bottleneck.  If you can access your site from the actual web servers browser and see how fast it loads that may give some insight as to where the slowdown may be occurring, on the website or the network.

Open the site with fiddler or firebug running and check the load times for different elements of the page.  You may notice that images or documents are taking a while to load.  If so you can move these to the folder file storage to try to make them faster.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

This question was posed a month ago and is still unanswered by Telerik.  We also have this issue.  Sometimes pages are fast, but quite often the site hangs inexplicably and we have to recycle the app pool or restart IIS.  Then things work fine for a while, then just stop again.  Other Sitefinity 3.7 sites on the same server work fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Anthony- Thank you for your suggestion.
I am also looking for some suggestions from Telerik.
Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

We also have performance and stability issues.
I just posted this topic before seeing this one. Would love to hear back from the admins.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Thomas,

I am also still waiting haven't heard anything from Sitefinity.

This thread is closed