Login, Login Name, Logout Widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:28

Login, Login Name, Logout Widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to report a bug and make some suggestions.

Login Name widget is rendered in a "span" element vs a <div> tag.  This make it impossible for me to render the Login Name and Logout widget on the same line.

I would like to have a more modern control for dealing with login.  What I would like to see.

"Login"  "New User Regsitration"

Login should create a floating ajax window to login.  Same with "New User Registration".
The login screen should look similar to the current login widget.

Once logged in I would like the control to display

"Welcome, Tom Miller"   "My Account"  "Logout"

It would be nice to have the option to stack or make them horizontal
I should be able to make "My Account" invisible and also add a link.
The ability to justify the control left or right

It would be nice to have email notification and confirmation built in.  As others, I don't think we should have to go to a third party for this.

Also built in Administrator notification, in case some security settings have to be set.  Like adding the user to a "Member" role so the user can get to restricted content.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider improving the implementation of our Login control for the next version. Currently you could inherit from Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginNameControl and override the RenderBeginTag and RenderEndTag methods to output <div> or <span>. For the more advanced features we will have to discuss if implementing them would be of any business value and eventually add these features in the future.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2011 00:00

I am not to that level yet.  So I will leave it as is.  But you do agree it is a bug? 

Is there a good white paper on installing the SDK, as I have been unable to get it installed?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

Here is the official documentation article about how to install the SDK:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/installation-and-administration-guide/installing-sitefinity-sdk.aspx

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

A very stupid question...

Where can I find the content of
~/SFRes/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.PublicControls.LoginStatus_LoggedOut.ascx

so that I can add a link to "My account" page ?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Elsane, if you have installed the Sitefinity SDK they should be located in a zip file at the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.4\SDK\Content\Resources\WidgetTemplates

Hope this is helfpul!

This thread is closed