"Back to" links in events, news, and blogs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:58

"Back to" links in events, news, and blogs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

When looking at a single event, news item, or blog, the link to take you back to the list is in a strange position. Can you move it down closer to the title and to the right a little away from the edge? Thank you!

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

You can adjust the styling for the "All Posts" link by using the CSS class sfpostBack.
Since you're using Chrome you can always Right Click on any element on your page and then click Inspect Element to find out what CSS class you should be targeting. 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Yes, I understand how to do that, but it looks a little sloppy for a default style.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

We can easily adjust that a bit, but the problem is that it all depends on your scenario. We have been considering to remove the All items link since most of the customers we have are either using the back button of the browser, or some kind of navigation part of the website. 

Do you think that this link is worth at all? Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Hristo,

My scenario was within a browser in kiosk mode on a touch-screen, where you do not have the back button. every time i  was viewing a news item on page 4, i would click on the 'All news' (for the lack of any other options) link and it would take me back to the first page. now i would have to page through again to page 4 and then view another news item on that page. Personally, I would need a 'Back' link or something that would cater for environments where there is no back-button. So it is a bit frustrating to use it at the moment. Maybe it is possible for me to edit the template somehow???, but i have not got round to checking that yet.

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Its not super important to us since everyone will b using browsers, but I'm not against getting rid of it. Maybe it could just be moved, it seems kind of lonely up there all alone :)

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your input. We will consider our options for the upcoming release and make sure the detail templates are improved.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2012 00:00

I'm using SF 4.4 CE and none of these items (Blogs, List, Events) have a back button on the widget template. I had to add one myself using javascript:window.history.back(). This works fine if I disable comments, but with comments enabled, it does not go back correctly (because I've been on the page twice, essentially). 

Am I missing something? Is the link supposed to be there? Can you send me the code to add it?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2012 00:00

Scott, the link to "all items" is now disabled by default for a few reasons.

To learn more about why and also how to re-add the Sitefinity link to all items, visit this knowledge base article:

How to enable the All Items link in detail views of content widgets

hope this is helpful!

This thread is closed