Unnecessary Forum Notifications

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:56

Unnecessary Forum Notifications

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi there,
With the new site update I now get an email every time I post and not just when other users post. I'm sometimes slow, but in general I don't need to be reminded about something I just finished typing. I might be the only one but I find that emails being sent for a users own posts is not required. Can we have the old way back?
Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

+1
And could the text editor be a bit wider instead of the scrollbar

Markus

PS: Speed is very good now. Was bad the fist day.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Unfortunately this is a bug and we are working on. It will be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
As for the scrollbar, as soon as we have the time, we will try to make the text editor wider.

Regards,
AsenArizanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Still getting notifications for my own forum post.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Same here.  But for posts that I originated, I'm frequently not getting notifications when others respond to my posts--very weird.

--Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

First, Happy New year! 

The fix of the problem is on the way! Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Filip
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Looking forward to the fix. But can I mention something else.... I received an email notification of a response in one of the threads that I am subscribed to. Now, the thread does not appear in the list of threads that I follow in my account. So I decided to click the "Click here to post a reply to this ticket", it did not find anything because it looks for a non existent ticket. It actually is a forum thread not a ticket. Basically, it got itself really confused, and now I cant find the thread at all to post an answer. It is not important at all though, so no worries.
Andrei

@Andrei

I was missing a forum post as well and wondered if it was deleted.
Markus

This thread is closed