Creating Mailing List Subscribers from Sitefinity Users

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:11

Creating Mailing List Subscribers from Sitefinity Users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2011 00:00

When setting up the Connect this list, I've chosen Sitefinity users as the Connection source.  However, when I add new users, they do not populate the mailing list as a subscriber.  Is there an extra step or configuration I'm missing in the initial set-up?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Tierra,

I tried this with Sitefinity 4.3.1873 and after I added a new user to the Sitefinity backend and I sent the campaing, the extra user received the email. When you say add new user do you mean you add a new Sitefinity user or a new subscriber to the mailing list?

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

I added a new User with admin permissions....I tried everything again and even went so far as to make the new user login to see if that would help but nothing.  What's really weird is that I did receive the message as an admin not manually added to the subscriber list.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Tierra,

When you create such list this is a special kind of mailing list - it is dynamic and its counter is 0 by design. When you add a new user to Sitefinity it will be added automatically to the list, even though you won't see the counter increase. This is by design and currently there is no way to change this behaviour. Apologies for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

I'm connecting my list to users data source but when I saw issue report it displays list of subscribers added manually to the list. I want to see who all received email for that particular issue, is that possible?

Thanks,
Parimal Modi

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Lubomir,
Yes, the extra user does receive the email. The issue I have with this is that there is no corresponding message stating that x-amount of users received the email, and stats are not collected on campaigns using connectors (User or Form driven lists). It would also be helpful to have the users details (or form details) populate a subscribers list located in the Email Campaigns section, rather than having to switch between the User (and Form) and Email Campaigns interfaces.

This thread is closed