RealEstate Starter Kit error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:10

RealEstate Starter Kit error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi, i have downloaded the SDK with all the starter kits. i am trying to get the RealEstate starter kit going but I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_73651aa1ae9e452e8f29ec07e3ad29fc.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +283
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2415
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +691
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +240
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor() +37
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +28

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +123
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager() +72
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager.GetManager() +27
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +352
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +412
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +324
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +112
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

After i rebuild everything i get loads of warnings that say quite a few things in there are obsolete, and also this warning too: "Warning   1   The 'dataConfig' element is not declared.   C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity 4.3\SDK\Content\Samples\asp\CSharp\RealEstate\SitefinityWebApp\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config   2   2   SitefinityWebApp
". It does not seem to be that straight forward when trying to get this starter kits going unfortunately. Can anyone let me know where i am going wrong.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2011 00:00

Andrei,

I'm not sure if this applies to the starter kits but normally, as far as my day to day projects are concerned, doing a rebuild or clean will clear out your bin folder and cause issues. Since you did a rebuild, you may want to check your references to make sure all of the Telerik dlls are still where they are supposed to be.

Hope that helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

Tim is correct - the error you get might occur if you have mismatching references, for example if you rebuilt the project - this action removes the dlls from the bin folder and results into the exception you were getting.

You can check the following article which contain information which might be helpful to you:

www.sitefinity.com/.../server-error-in-firstproject-application-unable-to-load-one-or-more-of-the-requested-types-retrieve-the-loaderexceptions-property-for-more-information.aspx

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Victor,

Your link gives me this:

Oops...

It seems there was a problem with our server.

To return on the right track choose one of these:

• Hit the “Back” button of your browser
  • Use the navigation above
  • Try the search bar
  • Head to the Homepage
  • Cheer up and get a Free trial

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

I am sorry for the wrong link. Here is the correct one:

http:/www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/server-error-in-firstproject-application-unable-to-load-one-or-more-of-the-requested-types-retrieve-the-loaderexceptions-property-for-more-information.aspx

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed