Content Widgets - filtering by custom field of type classifi

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:56

Content Widgets - filtering by custom field of type classification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

I have added a custom field of type Classification to Documents & Files.

The Download list widget has options to filter ("narrow selection") by Categories, Tag, and/or Dates.  Is there a way I can add my custom classification field as one of the options?

If not, is there a way I can filter the list by a one of the custom classification field values?  I thought this might be possible using the FilterExpression value, but I was not sure how to build the expression.
(from Download list Edit screen, Advanced -> ControlDefinition -> Views -> FilterExpression)

Thanks,
Antoine

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Antoine,

You are on the right track - you can achieve the desired functionality by adding the following to the FilterExpression:

AND TestFilter.Contains((fc16ede5c205-4ab0-b9da-9ba4060d8ea9))

where TestFilter is the name of the custom field ( your custom classification type ) and the guid is the id of the custom classification, which can be found in the database.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is the message that I receive when I try to do this. I have tried everything. The only thing that would successfully filter was AND 1 = 0 which hides all records.

This thread is closed