Redirect page not shown in Navigation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:23

Redirect page not shown in Navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2011 00:00

Good day to you all

After having opened a support ticket because some of my redirect pages did not show up in navigation I was wondering what you think about this.

It seems that if I have a redirect page (PAGE A) redirect to a 'real' SF page (PAGE B) the Page A will only show in navigation if PAGE B is ticked to be shown in navigation.

So acutally PAGE A inherits the show in navigation from PAGE B.

Does this make sense to you that way? Somehow I think the PAGE A should have a show in navigation property. Because a redirect page redirecting outside of SF will show regardless of the external page existing or not.

You could have a contact page that is not shown anywhere in the navigation but should be referenced in the site from 10 places with redirect pages. This would not be possible at the moment.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2012 00:00

I have similar problem. I have registration page which is not shown in navigation and have another redirect page which points to registration page somewhere in hierarchy of pages and I want to include it in navigation.

Is this behavior by design. I think it should work because when creating redirect page, there is an option whether or not it is going to be included in navigation.

Markus do you have an answer from Telerik?

Thanks,
Robert

I have similar problem. I have registration page which is not shown in navigation and have another redirect page which points to registration page somewhere in hierarchy of pages and I want to include it in navigation.

Is this behavior by design. I think it should work because when creating redirect page, there is an option whether or not it is going to be included in navigation.

Markus do you have an answer from Telerik?

Thanks,
Robert

Dear Robert
At the moment unforuntalely I think this is what Telerik defines to be expected behavoir even though its totaly wrong, because a redirect page externaly will allways show.
Workaround is to link to http://yoursite.com/registration instead of using the internal link which will not shwo up because the registration page is not shown in navigation.

Ther might be a PITS issue you can vote on but I don't get me hope up to high for Telerik to change/fix this since 5.1 will have a great deal of changes and I don't expect them to fix/change other stuff around.

Sorry
Markus

Hi Markus,
thanks for answer.

Yes, that's the only thing I can do, just append the link to the navigation...

This thread is closed