Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow unable to find embedded skin 'S

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:50

Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow unable to find embedded skin 'Sitefinity' after 4.4 Upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2011 00:00

After upgrading to Sitefinity 4.4, I was prompted to install a new license file. Did that, but the license confirmation screen broke with the Yellow Screen of Death. (see attached file for screenshot) It says,

"Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow with ID='confirmWindow' was unable to find embedded skin with name 'Sitefinity'. Please, make sure that you spelled teh skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false"

I suspect that this is related to the 4.4 release note that says that the skins were moved to a different assembly. However, I didn't expect that to break the licensing screen. Ivan Zhekov's blog post says the move was made to reduce the memory usage. It says that I can reference the new assembly to fix the issue.

Two questions:
1) How do I fix it? This is my top priority. Do I simply reference the new assembly in my Sitefinity project and recompile? (Telerik.Web.UI.Skins)

2) IF I do that, won't I miss out on the memory optimization mentioned in his post? I would prefer to fix Sitefinity using the default lower memory usage skin.

If you want StackOverflow credit, I posted this question here.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2011 00:00

To solve 1):

a. In Visual Studio, click Project > Add Reference...
b. Click 'Browse', and browse to your Sitefinity project's 'bin' folder
c. Select 'Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll', and click OK.
d. Build your project

Should work fine now.

However, that doesn't answer 2). Since Sitefinity uses a custom Sitefinity skin for the Admin UI, is it not possible to get the memory gains mentioned in Ivan Zhekov's blog post?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Not sure if it's also related to this, but 4.4 broke my site's css.

Menu's in the wrong place, content blocks with unexplained margin/padding, and various other general smearing of the UI.

I spent about an hour with Firebug, trying to work out what had happened, but lost patience in the end, and restored my backups.

I'll be leaving this upgrade for now, until I get a better understanding of what changes were made and why it breaks my work.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

It didn't break mine, but there are a couple areas where I noticed a change. For the most part I like the changes. (Just don't like the conflicts inherent in web based editors) I wish that CSS had some kind of a scoping mechanism.

Dan

This thread is closed