What extensions would you suggest to be added to Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:41

What extensions would you suggest to be added to Sitefinity?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Greetings Folks,

Our team have been building extensions for DotNetNuke for quite a while and now we are looking to upgrade our core CMS and create a few extensions for Sitefinity. I am looking for an advise from you on what to start with. I've got a few extensions in mind and wonder if you think they'll be useful for community.

Here they are:

1) Video Player

2) Calendar

3) Quick Gallery (image gallery)

4) Star Skin (customizeable to pretty much anything theme)

5) Content Rotator

6) Twitter

It would be great to find out what you think about porting those extensions to Sitefinity. Your support is appreciated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Mikita,

Thank you for your interest in the Sitefinity Marketplace. As we discussed over the phone you can start with the following Sitefinity add-ons:

• Video player
  • Calendar
  • Content rotator

We are looking forward to receiving your first Marketplace submission.

Best wishes,
Anton Hristov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

We are in and already started with some work. Thanks a lot for your help, Anton, you're a Rockstar! 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

I dont remember if Sitefinity has these, but in the last official version that I looked at there were not:

1 - A File Uploader, where the public can upload files (documents, images, zip, etc) and have them being saved in some logical way so that you know which member of your site has uploaded them. Also, a maximum number of files or memory used allowed per user. Maybe have that based on  categories of users who can upload more than others.

2 - A Sound PLayer. I know you can have the once built in Web Browsers, but they are a nightmare.

3 - I know that the PayPal [donate | pay] button was provided in the Charity Kit, but I don't see it on the market place.

4 - Ooh and an a cheaper version of e-commerce whilst you are at it, for those of us who are penniless but want to start selling things on-line. The Small Business Edition is correctly priced and affordable for someone who is just starting out, but starting out with no way to sell is difficult. Although I heard of some options that I am yet to investigate further.

I will be back if I think of anything else,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks Andrei,
Really appreciate your suggestion. I think we may roll the MP3 player few months from now. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. 

This thread is closed