4.3 --> 4.4 Upgrade Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:54

4.3 --> 4.4 Upgrade Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Just an FYI to those early adopters upgrading to the latest and greatest.  The Sitefinity Project Manger performed the database upgrade but did not copy the updated Telerik dlls to the bin directory of the site.  Symptoms of this issue include an error message about database schema mismatch and/or dll version mismatch.

To resolve this issue: after upgrading the site via the Project Manger create a new 4.4 site and then copy and paste the updated dlls into your existing site.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

I found that it upgrade my project (included the dll files in the bin directory), but did not include them into the project. New files such as ~/Sitefinity/Services/DynamicModules/* appeared as hidden files in Visual Studio. Therefore, when I went to web deploy, it did not include some of the necessary files.

I also had to add a reference to /bin/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll in order for the licensing screens to work.

I went through the Sitefinity folder and included the new modules and my upgraded project works just fine now.

This thread is closed