Off Topic Forum Section

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:40

Off Topic Forum Section

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

There was once opened a Jobs Announcment section because there seemed to be some requeset.

I would love an Off Topic Webdesign Forum section.

Off Topic in the sense off .net, css, html 5 and so on questions and not for questions like 'what should I feed my turtle in the sommer time to prevent her from turning over on full moon'

Often I have questions that I wished I could ask some of the great guys here.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. Having such a section is not a bad idea, as long as the topics stick to business questions that are IT related. We will consider having this, as for now - you can use the Designing & Styling section to post design-related questions of any kind.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Thanks for the feedback. It just feel strange to post a css question that is neiter related to SF or RADControls here.
I would feel kind of spaming.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

The whole forum is product-related, so you should try to stick to questions related to Sitefinity. However, in the topic of this particular section is very wide, so you should feel free to ask any questions that may help you through with "Designing & Styling" with Sitefinity. Of course, general CSS and HTML questions, that can be found with the help of google or can be posted in a specialized forum, are not tolerated, as we do not have enough resources to answer such general questions, as well.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Svetoslav
Thank's for the feedback. That's why its called off topic :-)
I would not expect Telerik to even read any posts there. I would be more like a thning where guys like Jochem, Stephen, Andrei and some other could help each other at a central place instead of finding a css, sql server, iis, hosting whaterver forum. All of us might have similar problems and it would might be a good sharing place.

But since 5.0 should bring a forum I might open one of that kind myself then :-)

Thanks anyhow.

Markus

PS: Hope you started all well into 2012

LOL, this is funny. @Markus I find your persistence quite amusing. Svetoslav though, is having none of it.

Let me come in from a different angle. If the forum comes up in Google, then it might be new potential customers who are searching for solutions to issues that they are having with their own CMS and might consider giving Sitefinity a try.

Andrei

P.S. I am looking forward to receiving an email from Telerik in a second reminding me of what I have just posted here now. That's what I call "Deliver more than expected", because quite frankly, I really dont expect an email from Telerik now.

This thread is closed