Social sharing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:38

Social sharing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,
Maybe I'm feeling extra dumb or blind today, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add the new social sharing icons to be able to share pages and content and things. I've upgraded to 4.4. I only have Facebook Like/Feed and Twitter Feed in my widgets. I can see where to choose them under Settings, but not where to actually do something with them. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Eric

Seems that it ties into the "content" widgets, it's not a widget itself

So like plop in a new Content widget, you should see the checkbox.
Or edit the properties of an event widget and you'll see it under the single and list tabs

Ok, thanks! :) I see them now, but are they only on pages? They can't seem to be used in a Template, yah?

Also, I'm logged in with my facebook acct, but its giving me an error message saying I wasn't able to post to my wall. Am I missing something?

Just create a new UserControl, add in the <telerik:RadSocialShare /> and configure it to your needs :)

Regards,
Daniel

Ok, thanks! I'll see if I can't figure that out. Also, I think facebook is failing because I'm on my local box, I have a feeling it will work better when I get the site up to production. Thanks!

Eric

Yup, that's true. Don't forget to setup your namespaces in either your template, or page:

Regards,
Daniel

Where/how do I do that?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2011 00:00

Eric,

You can add it to your <html> tag like so:

This thread is closed