explicity deny roles users

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:48

explicity deny roles users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,
Currently when I go to explicity deny roles and users for a libray (images or documents)  I choose roles from the first list but when I go to list 2 or 3 and choose roles it will uncheck all the other roles from any of the previous list. I go to list one choose 5 roles then go to list 2 (page 2) and choose an additional 3 roles. When I finish it just shows the roles from list 2 and none of the ones I selected from list 1. It does not matter if I start at list 2 then go back to list1 it always just remembers the last list I was on and eliminates any of the other choices I have made from the other lists of roles. Suggestions?

Thanks,   Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have tested this, but going trough all permission lists for the selected Role the previous changes are persisted and saved.
I suppose there is a service that fails when going trough the lists and thus no changes are applied. Can you inspect with firebug net tab or other tools that will monitor what XHR requests are loaded and check if Permissions.svc is not throwing errors when changing the lists or user role permissions?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav,
   Sorry if my post didn't make sense but it is the Role list I am going through to Explicity Deny to a page. I have atached 2 images that show the list I am referring to. When I click Done from page 2 anything in page 1 does not appear.  Sorry I can't pass anymore information as I do not have access to any tools to monitor XHR requests.
We are using IE 7 and can't update to newer version and Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0

Thanks
Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Rob,

I think I have misundertood the problem. In my previous reply I was thinking lists of roles and permissions refered to was the one in Administration->Permissions where a list of all permissions for Sitefinity is available for each user role.

From the screenshots I see this is the permissions screen from Actions dropdown of a library and select "Set Permissions". When doing this  for a single library you are asked to "break inheritance" in order to edit the granular permissions for library. With each separate library a different user roles are denied permission. The denied roles are not remembered from the previous library. When the deny roles dialog appears and select a role then done selecting the selected roles appear red in the permissions dialog under the roles that are having permissions.

To set deny permissions globally go to Content->Images and in the right sidebar choose Set permissions which sets permission to all libraries.

Can you describe which page are you refering to where the selected user roles are not appearing?

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Good day Stanislav,
   This also happens when I am restricting roles/users to a particular web page. Because of the number of roles we have created it takes 2 pages to show them all. The first image is the first page with x number of roles and because we have so many the rest are on page 2. In this case I have selected 4 roles from the first page then click on the number 2 at the bottom to take me to the rest of our roles. I choose 3 from that list then click on Done selecting. It will just add the roles from the second page and forget the first 4 I selected form page 1. If I do it in reverse order and go to page 1 to do my final choices and save it then it just adds those 4 roles and does not add the 3 roles checked from the second page. Now when I am back add the page  that shows permissions and who is denied it will only show the one group of roles from one of the pages and not the other. I then have to go back into Change Denied Users to add the other roles into the list of Denied user. 

Thanks
Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the explanation. This is a bug. I have logged it and we will be working to fix it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
As a workaround since the selected values are not persisted between page changes save a selection (Done Selecting button.) from one page before moing to the other. Here is a PITS item for this.

I have updated your Telerik points!

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks.  We have been doing exactly that, add the one set of users, save, then go back and do the second page. Works fine just takes a fraction longer to do it so not a production stopper that's for sure.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Rob,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It indeed doesn`t prove to be problematic, however it should be logged and fixed because maybe in more complicated scenario it may prove to be a show stopper.
Thank you again for your patience and explanations.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed