Administration Text editor Custom Tool Set

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:52

Administration Text editor Custom Tool Set

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Can anyone open my eyes

Administration - Text editor - Custom Tool sets

Trying to upload a xml. file hitting upload in FF9 simply does nothing, IE9 flickers quickly
---
Create a toolset button works. Now I have a custom tool set and am told to configure it in advanced setting (link to documentaion is rad not SF).

Where Do I set now that the creates Tools set should be used?

-------
if I click on advanced settings appearance I can set the standardEditorConfiguration. This used to be an path to my xml file - which to me seemed to have been removed either on update from 4.3 to 4.4 or when clicking on use default toolset.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

"hitting upload in FF9 simply does nothing, IE9 flickers quickly"

Have you opened Firebug\IE9s crappy debug tool to see if there's any script errors?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Steve

Does it work for you?
Once uploaded the custom toolset. Where do you add it to the default editor?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Yes the name of the custom tools file is entered in "configuration key" field for the content module. True the names can`t be changed. Here is the PITS request for this.

Where Do I set now that the ....
OK, I did used to set my xml file there but somehow expected to be able to set a reference/link to my new Toolset there as well.

This is not supported the custom toolset is only applied per module basis (for news, blogs etc.). The links are working now and will outline this in the documentation.

I have fixed the links they are working now.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Radoslav
Thank's a whole lot for you answer.

Created a new project 4.4 and it worked. Is it correct that the name is simply that of the toolsfile. If yes, it would be nice if you could name or rename it.

OK, I did used to set my xml file there but somehow expected to be able to set a reference/link to my new Toolset there as well.

Both links you gave don't work for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Yes the name of the custom tools file is entered in "configuration key" field for the content module. True the names can`t be changed. Here is the PITS request for this.

This is not supported the custom toolset is only applied per module basis (for news, blogs etc.). The links are working now and will outline this in the documentation.

Somehow my previous post got broken so I will describe the reply here.
The custom tools are created to be used to customize the tools file for Sitefnity modules trough the configurations.
With the custom tools file the global toolset can `t be changed. It required to have a phisical toolsFile.xml in the project and put a relative path to it in Administration->Settings->Advanced->Appearance | StandardEditorConfiguration  "~/CustomToolsFileFolder/Tools.xml" 

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed