Backend labels with multiple languages are not correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:38

Backend labels with multiple languages are not correct?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I've a question about a multilingual website. I've installed two languages: EN and NL.
These are frontend languages.

I want my backend to be in english only. Not a mixture of different languages.
When I'm at the pages overview and select english, it looks okay, but when I select dutch some labels are translated to dutch.

It seems to me that this is not how it should work, right? See the attached screenshots for a demonstration.

Maybe someone can explain me?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Daniel

Are you sure that you have never added a second backend language and imported the dutch language file.

I know that if you have done this then the backend changes according to the front-end language. But if you have never imorted dutch nor added dutch as a second back-end language then I would be really supriesed.

Have you copied some files over from another project maybe? Check App_Data/Sitefinity/GlobalResources

If I am correct then a new fresh project does not have this folder nor files in it.

Markus
PS: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/translation-changes-backend-language-on-pages.aspx 

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Yep,

after some tests I reached the same conclusions. Sitefinity has no localized labels out of the box, so you probably imported Dutch language some time ago and now when switching the frontend language, the backend language changes too, with a mixture of translated labels and ones in English.

The solution is rather easy - export the English language pack from your instance of Sitefinity and import it as Dutch. This should overwrite all translated backend labels.

Daniel, feel free to get back to me for more instructions.

Greetings,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed