Email Campaign Question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:01

Email Campaign Question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Can someone explain how the emails are sent out in the Email Campaigns?  I created a test campaign that emailed to about 5 different addresses and that worked fine.  I created another campaign that emailed to about 3800 different address, and I'm not sure if it worked.

When I view the report for the campaign, it said that all deliveries were successful, but I have my doubts.  First of all, the report said the deliveries were successful within seconds of sending the campaign.  Second, I had two personal email addresses in the mail lists for the campaign and have not seen anything in their inboxes yet.  And finally, I do not see anything in our Exchange servers outbound mail queue for any of the messages.

Should I keep waiting and periodically check the reports?  If so, how long should I wait?  Is there another way to see if the email campaign is still processing?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

E-mails are being processed in background. After each e-mail is sent a DeliveryEntry is saved in the Sitefinity database which says if it was successful or not. That is what is shown in the report. When the report says that all deliveries are successful, this means that all of the e-mails that were sent were delivered successfully and were accepted by the SMTP server yet there might still be mails which are not sent and there is no report for them. Total recipients is the number of all e-mails that have been processed. When that number reaches the size of the mail list you know your campaign has been delivered.

Kind regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed